October 2, 2020
Potato Salad Recipe
Creamy potato salad with smoky Frankfurter.
Ingredients for 4 side dishes of potato salad:
800g new baby potatoes
100g pickled gherkins
50g finely chopped onions
3 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Hela Curry Gewurzketchup
1 tsp Bautz’ner Senf
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into mouth-sized pieces. Heat a pot of slightly salted water and add the potato pieces when boiling. Watch out that the potatoes don’t get to soft as you don’t want them to fall apart in your salad. Once they are cooked drain and cool to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in a pot with water and let them boil until hard. Shower them with ice cold water after boiling (it’ll make it easier to peel) and set aside to cool.
- Cut the gherkins in to small slices and chop the onions very finely.
- Use a blender to mix parsley, mayonnaise, Hela Curry Gewurzketchup, Bautzn’er Senf and 2 tbsp of water.
- Peel the eggs and cut in to pieces, then mix with the potatoes, gherkins, onions and the mayo dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cut the smoked Frankfurter in pieces, fry them in a pan and add to your potato salad.